1 loaf VERY THIN SLICED Pepperidge Farm sandwich bread
3/4 cup unsalted butter (11/2 sticks) -- softened
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons snipped chives or green onion tops
1 teaspoon snipped thyme leaves, or 1/8 teaspoon dried
6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto - Citterio fresco brand (Harris Teeter or Costco)
- Cut crusts of bread; reserve for another use.
- Combine butter and herbs.
- Spread butter mixture on 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Top with a single layer of prosciutto cut to fit; roll into a tight cylinder on the diagonal starting at one corner; secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- After completing all the roll ups, spread remaining butter mixture on tops. (May be made ahead to this point and refrigerated, covered, several hours or overnight.)
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until nicely browned, 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Twist and remove toothpicks to serve warm or at room temperature.
NOTE: Separate Citterio slices and leave on separator paper; trim fat with scissors and cut in half crosswise to fit bread.
Serving Size: 24 pieces