Cars, much like any other asset, should be in good condition, especially when on the road and should you ever decide to sell your wheels and upgrade, it is crucial to present the vehicle in its best possible light. The potential buyer would no doubt be experienced in car dealing and it is usually their strategy to point out minor issues, to add weight to their request for a lower price and as the seller, it is your job to minimise the small issues.
Here are a few tips to help you get the best price for your old set of wheels.
- Take It To A Car Detail Shop – Regardless of age and condition, if you want the best price, the car needs to look good and a full interior and exterior detail would be advised. This should be done prior to putting the vehicle on the market and the images will reflect the immaculate condition just after the trip to the detailer.
- List Your Price Higher – This is an old trick that works most of the time; by raising your price a little, you can accommodate the buyers request for a discount. Of course, don’t agree instantly, rather um and ah before reluctantly agreeing, and this is very often the deal-clincher. There are surely car buyers Sydney relies on and if you live elsewhere in the world, it’s also easy to search online for a buyer of cars for cash and see how much they offer.
- Vehicle Service History – If the car has a full service history (FSH), this will put it in the higher price bracket and you should show the owner’s manual to any potential buyer, which is solid evidence that the car has been well looked after. In the event there are services missed, it probably isn’t a good idea to bring up the topic. Even if you have no plans to sell your car, it should still be serviced according the recommended mileage, as this ensures that everything is in good working order.
- Emphasise The Good Points – If you have recently replaced worn components, mention this to the buyer and point out any add-ons that have been installed; low mileage for the year is worth a mention and if there are no signs of any rust, the buyer needs to know. The buyer, on the other hand, will be talking about the minor issues, which is why you need to create a balance.
- Choosing An Online Selling Platform – Of course, the best way to advertise your car is on a few Facebook used car groups, where you can advertise for free, or you could simply search online for a car for cash outfit and they would offer a good price once they know the details.
It is worth putting in some effort to make the vehicle more presentable and when writing the vehicle description, always mention the highlights. Cleaned, polished and serviced is the ideal preparation and start by contacting a local car for cash company, who can easily be found online.